LOOKING for a last-minute holiday in the sun?
There’s no better place than the Algarve, with its blue skies and some of Europe’s best beaches.
If you click on a link in this story we may earn affiliate revenue.
With just under three hours of travel time, the Algarve is a great destination for families, solo travellers and couples.
May and June make for the best time to visit, as the temperatures are warm but not extremely hot and it won’t be full of tourists yet.
The Algarve offers a variety of vacation options, from the nightlife in Albufeira to historical monuments in Lagos and city life in Faro, all accompanied by beautiful beaches.
The cheapest holiday is a seven-night stay at Rio Apartaments in the Algarve, Vilamoura from £199pp, working out at £28 a night.
Here are the best deals we’ve found:
- 7 nights at Oceano Atlantico-Apartamentos Turisticos, Algarve, Praia da Rocha – from £399pp
- 7 nights at Club Alvorferias Apartments, Algarve, Alvor – from £349pp (use code RELAX)
- 7 nights at Mirachoro II, Algarve, Praia da Rocha – from £279pp
- 7 nights at Silchoro Apartments, Algarve, Albufeira – from £279pp
- 7 nights at Be Smart Terrace Algarve, Costa de Algarve, Armacao De Pera – from £328pp
- 7 nights at Albufeira Jardim Apartments, Algarve – from £228pp
UK travellers will be treated the same as EU citizens when entering the country, as the Portuguese government has opened its airport e-gates to Brits.
British citizens with e-passports will be able to skip long lines for physical checks, which were previously necessary under Brexit, and instead use e-gates when visiting Portugal.
The EU treats the UK as a “third country” as a result of Brexit requirements, although member states are free to determine their own travel laws.
We have found holidays to Sunny Beach in June from £198pp.
Jet2 has launched a flight sale with £30 summer fares.
We’ve also found holidays to Malta in May and June from £250pp.