personal finance

Grandparents could be entitled to state pension boost – are you eligible?

The child’s parent or main carer must also be entitled to Child Benefit and have a qualifying year for National Insurance without needing the NI credits which come with Child Benefit.

A person who provided care for a child should not apply for the credits if they already have a qualifying year of National Insurance for the period they cared for the child.

Child Benefit recipients are not able to apply themselves, as they already get credits automatically through this benefit.

Someone who is the partner of, and lives with, a Child Benefit recipient who wants to transfer the associated credits from their spouse or partner to themself can do so using form CF411A, not via the Specified Adult Childcare credits application.


Read More   A Simple Guide To Investing For The Modern Entrepreneur

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.